Monday, January 10, 2011

Tattoo On The Genitles

Palillo Gold European Savior ... In the door. De Ashi Barai

the ippon victory
To Judo is not age, but while many prefer to slow down when they get in the door, or do Kata teach, others can not stop fighting, to give everything on the mat, to dream. Salvatore Palillo, class '67, Judoka Siciliano, is one of them is in October, Porec, won the European gold in the 66kg M3.
Tuttojudo.com wanted to ask him some questions.


the cry of gold
tuttojudo.com - Hello Salvatore. Thank you for availability. ... 43 years to fight and win. How does it feel?


Salvatore Palillo - So my favorite thing is to fight to the best of myself. I hate the idea of \u200b\u200bbringing the inside of me regrets. Regrets of the type: I could do more ', I could give more,' I could push harder .... and so 'on. I love the generosity, give everything you have inside, and if possible, even more '. The victory is just the final act. I'd rather lose with a very strong athlete, rather than win with a mediocre.


tj - on your Facebook profile says "I may not be 'NEVER a true champion, but certainly I feel like an athlete.". but after the European victory have not changed my mind?


SP - I have always aimed won the "status" rather than the athlete sample. The reason is obvious: you can sample a year or two, but it is always a temporary condition. Instead, if we are true athletes, it is forever. Of course, one meaning for the athlete which does not spare himself never work, always accepts the comparison is fair, respectful, passionate, etc. ..
The victory served to Europeans is to know I have done a good job and I did well during the competition. I felt more 'proud when I hit the silver in 2009, when I faced the semifinal and final despite a broken ankle (quarter ...).

tj - A a "certain age" many prefer the couch and TV. What makes you try again?

SP - I have not the time to sit on the couch (which is why my sofa yet again after 13 years .....). I love shamelessly comparison, I like to try and try, see if I can .. and I like the sweat from his forehead down, I feel like the mat under my bare feet, I like to have a goal, a goal. I like to always improve.

tj - What is Judo for you?

SP - I have loved so much and I love judo. It 'was my real school of life. If I became a good geologist, a good father and good husband, I also have to judo. This is because it has taught me basic values \u200b\u200bbut at the same time, blocks of life, namely: commitment, honesty, loyalty, respect ...

tj - What are your next projects? Will you be the World Cup in Egypt?

SP - P artecipero 'the World Cup in Egypt. I begun work in this direction. hopefully good ...

tj - Family, work ... how and how much do you train?

SP - I always say that I train to train ... In fact stealing (5-6 times a week) I have to steal time with the family and work . Why the harbor by car always shoes and overalls, as well, including a commitment to another, do I run the race, or go to the gym to do weights. Ultimately divide about 6 weeks in the sessions, divided as follows: 2 stroke, 2 weight and / or reinforcement; judo 2.

tj - Can you give us an account of the meeting of the European final?

SP - Porec The final was exciting. I faced a Russian who had beaten me (choke) in Budapest during the World Cup 2010. Certainly a very strong athlete and I would say, more 'good for me technically. I bet all about rhythm and movement trying to tire him. In this way, I launched the decisive attack when I noticed that he was tired: Ippon!

tj - Is there anything you would change in the regulations of Judo?

SP - I think the latest changes to the Regulation have been positive. Make some changes to make the competition more understandable to the layman (in particular the allocation of scores and penalties). If the judo would be more understood by the public, it would probably be even more loved.

tj - As you can see in Judo in Italy at this time. Do you think that enjoys good health?

SP - Italian Judo I believe is in a transition phase. After the old guard (Maddaloni, Bianchessi, Meloni, Scapin, and others) expect the new recruits. I love green, I can do medal at the Olympics (at least I hope so ..).
I think Judo still has so many niches where they can take root. We should know more about it '(if you know you love it). In this sense we must all work more ': Fed, technicians, companies, individual athletes.

tj - ... and if there were the Olympics Master?

SP - As for the Olympics have touched my master "weakness" has always been the dream of my life (unfortunately never realized. ..) It would be how to achieve a dream (after that of having a child).


Salvatore ... Thank you again after the World Cup.



0 comments:

Post a Comment